Let’s step out of the kitchen for a minute and go out to the garage to talk about something that most parents worry about. Driving with your children can pose a number of perilous outcomes that every parent dreads. Finding the best possible car seat for your little ones that you can afford is something that a lot of folks struggle with, however there is hope. We thought we would put together a list of some of the more important details to keep in mind when shopping for a new convertible safety seat for your kids. Of course, proper research is crucial to not only make sure you will get a capable safety seat, but that you will also get one that both you and your child enjoy using. Getting up to date on the latest convertible car seat reviews is a great place to start. You will find there are a number of high quality seats to choose from no matter how much you spend, so don’t worry about having to skimp.. Here are eight tips that can help you make an informed decision on perhaps the most important piece of equipment that you will ever buy for your child.
8 Factors You Should Look For In A Quality Car Seat
1. There are two types of car seats that can be used by newborns; a convertible seat and an infant seat. Purchasing a quality convertible car seat is always economical as it can be used throughout your child’s early years. It is also safe. The only disadvantage is that it is not flexible. It is cannot be taken out of the car as compared to an infant seat. Infant car seats also have their advantages. They are typically lighter weight and are easier to carry, move and store. They also can fit inside of a number of strollers which make it more convenient.
2. Purchasing a travel system is always considered cost effective- just in case you need to cut costs in buying a baby car seat, a travel system is highly recommended. A stroller and an infant seat are always purchased together at a discounted price.
3. Look for the safest seat- all car seats in the market are considered safe because they have undergone testing to meet regulated safety standards. Safety technology improves on a frequent basis; what is more important is to purchase a new one rather than accept a used one.
4. When purchasing a car seat that is convertible or an infant seat, a good baby car seat must have the following characteristics (two waist straps, two shoulder straps, side impact protection with a latch system)
5. Know where to buy them-lookout for them in baby superstores and department stores. Online shopping is always highly recommended but ensure that you evaluate certain models in person. Used car seats come with an increased risk to your child and they should be avoided unless you are 100% sure of the seats history.
6. In case you can afford to purchase a premium car seat, you are sure of getting additional features. A premium seat consists of an anti-rebound bar located at seat’s foot that limits movements in-case of a crash; it also has a cushier fabric, a larger canopy and other accessories like infant boots around the baby’s feet. Reading online car seat reviews is also a great way to find a model that other parents recommend to give you added confidence with your purchase.
7. In order to avoid trouble, it’s of paramount importance to check the car seat straps before buying. They must be easy to adjust as the baby grows. It’s important to lookout for straps that will not need to be re-threaded in future. Most brands currently have adjustable handles located at the back seat. This feature has made re-threading become an outdated adventure.
8. Last but not least is to understand the process of installation. Do not think that after you purchase the car seat that everything is complete. Majority of companies have made the installation process simpler. They have instruction books and video downloads on you tube. It is important to have a professional check your car seat after you have installed it. There are also resources online to help you makes sure that you know how to properly use your new car seat. This is any important step, as a misused seat can be dangerous in the event of a crash.
We understand the immense amount of pressure that new parents feel when trying to decide between different models of car seats. This is probably going to be the biggest purchase to date for your newborn. With a little time and research, finding the perfect baby car seat for your family can be achieved. Take a deep breath and just a little time to research you can find the perfect model that meets you and your kids needs.